Cheltenham South and Leckhampton

Gauge: Finescale OO – 4mm
Scale: 1:76
Period: 1950’s Early B.R.
Type: Fiddle yard to Layout Circular
Viewing Dimensions: 12′ x 2′ 6″
Working area: 20′ x 9′ (Minimum)
Built By: GMRC – Phil & Graham
Sold To: Giles & Sarah (GMRC Members)

The right hand flap did not happen so the access is now only on the left of the layout shown here.

Leckhampton station was opened in 1881 as part of the Banbury and Cheltenham Direct Railway with a single track.

In 1891 the Midland and South Western Junction Railway obtained running rights from Andoversford to Cheltenham and the track was doubled in 1900. In 1906 the platforms were extended and the name was changed to “Cheltenham South & Leckhampton”.


It is in this form that we are attempting to portray the station. Little changed until closure in 1962, other than another name change to simply “Cheltenham Leckhampton” in 1952, so we feel that we will be able to run sessions from the pre-grouping days to the BR era.

The layout is being converted from an end to end layout into a full circular one with a larger fiddle yard, this is a work in progress, which was started last April and near competition by June 2024 when Giles and Sarah hope to start exhibiting it again in its new format under the GMRC flag.